Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax Lenses

Old Feb 12, 2011, 10:21 PM   #1

Default Vivitar 135mm 2.3

I have a Vivitar 135mm 2.3. Have owned it since new to go with a Fujica 701 from the mid seventies. After finding out recently that it could be used with Pentax DSLR I purchased an adapter last week and have tried the lens on my ist DL2 it is an awesome lens very sharp. However I don't think I will be using it. The lens has not been used in the last 35 years and it's in mint condition. I'm thinking of selling it. What do you guys think would be a fair asking price.
Thanks Ross

Last edited by quartz; Feb 13, 2011 at 1:10 PM.
quartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Feb 14, 2011, 1:05 PM   #2

My opinion and every one has an opinion I guess is that $150.00 to $200.00 is the value...but then again you or I could get in trouble talking lens prices here...LOL It really is a matter of finding a person that wants that particular lens..They have gone for a higher price than that and they have gone for a lower price as well. Used lenses are a matter of finding the right buyer..Not that easy sometimes.
Old Feb 14, 2011, 1:59 PM   #3

bigdawg:
Thanks very much for taking the time to answer. In the end I guess something is worth what someone else is willing to pay.
Ross
Old Feb 15, 2011, 1:23 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by quartz View Post
bigdawg:
Thanks very much for taking the time to answer. In the end I guess something is worth what someone else is willing to pay.
Ross
That is so true Ross. Glad to put a real name with the web name. Ed is mine or Dawg if you'd rather. Pleased to meet you.

Last edited by bigdawg; Feb 17, 2011 at 10:48 AM.
bigdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 15, 2011, 3:32 PM   #5

Hi Ed:
The 135mm series1 2.3 must have some fallowing. I posted on Pentax Forum.com asking about the quality and sharpness of the lens and within a couple of hours I had offers on the lens from Europe. I guess it's a better lens than I thought.
Ross
Old Feb 17, 2011, 10:47 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by quartz View Post
Hi Ed:
The 135mm series1 2.3 must have some fallowing. I posted on Pentax Forum.com asking about the quality and sharpness of the lens and within a couple of hours I had offers on the lens from Europe. I guess it's a better lens than I thought.
Ross
It is quite sharp my friend. I have mine for sale on the Pentax forum but no offers...but it is hidden amongst a lot of other lens I'm selling so it may just not be as noticeable.

Here are a few shots with mine. OOPS just checked and it is sold...LOL
Attached Images