Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax Lenses

Old Jun 14, 2013, 11:58 AM   #1
Default New Sigma 18-35 f/1.8 Zoom for Pentax

It looks like the brand-new Sigma 18-35mm f/1.8 zoom will be available in Pentax K-mount and the price will be $799.

Given the price of the Pentax DA*16-50mm f/2.8, I'm rather surprised this new Sigma isn't well over $1,000. In fact, one can buy both this ultra-fast zoom and Sigma's new 17-70mm f2.8-4.0 for less than the retail cost of a new DA* 16-50.
Biro is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jun 14, 2013, 9:28 PM   #2

I'm delighted to see that Sigma is continuing and expanding their line of lenses in K-mount. I might be tempted but what I really want is something that's wide and weather sealed (I don't think the Sigma has seals, has it? I didn't see it mentioned in the write-up). Otherwise it sounds like a very cool lens for the price.
mtngal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 15, 2013, 4:18 PM   #3

Shhhh!!! Let's not keep mentioning that $799 is an amazing price for this new lens. Someone might wake up and raise the price!!! <nudge><nudge><wink><wink>

I was out shooting at an event last night. I had my flash going . . . but I also shot available light with a Nikon 35mm f1.8 I recently picked up for my upcoming camping trip. And that f1.8 was such a treat to shoot with. But I was constantly having to back up and found myself wishing it was wider.

This Sigma looks like the solution. A ticket to a lot of low / available light fun!

And its coming to the Pentax platform! Cool!
tacticdesigns is offline   Reply With Quote