Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax Lenses

Old Jul 17, 2013, 12:37 PM   #1
Default Da 60-250 f4

Anyone have this lens? Seems extremely expensive-wondering if it is worth the money. Four times the price of the DA 55-300 (which I have)
Is intriguing because it still has the screw focusing along with the motor.
Should work on my Ist DS
DMJJR is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jul 17, 2013, 2:29 PM   #2

I don't have it, though I did handle it once. It's a very big lens as it's f4 throughout the range, plus it does have the SDM motor (which you wouldn't need with the DS). It felt big and awkward to me to handle, but not necessarily any bigger than the 70-200 f2.8 Tamron I also looked at around the same time. Since my need was for something around 200 (between 135 and 300), I ended up buying the lighter and slightly smaller/lighter DA200. The 60-250 does have a good reputation, most who own the lens seem to like it and the pictures I've seen taken with it are excellent. I don't know how it would compare to the 55-300 since I didn't have it at the time. I suspect it would be a pretty noticeable gain, which I've seen with the other DA* lenses I own. The 55-300 is good in it's class, better than most others, but it's not in the same class as the DA*. Whether that gain in quality is important to you or not depends on shooting style and personal taste.
mtngal is offline   Reply With Quote