Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax Q

Old Jun 27, 2013, 9:27 AM   #21

@snostorm -- Interesting comparisons on the cameras. When the Canon G12 came out, I took a long hard look at it. A buddy got one, and he says he's happy with it because he pulls it out a lot more than his dSLR. When I got the Q, the G12 kinda fell off my personal radar. Thinking about it, the Q has filled that space in my camera bag. A small, have-fun camera that I might be willing to carry around more often. And looking at how close the scores are just nails it home for me, "for now" <grin>.

@mtngal -- I was sorting through all my camera junk and came across my gorillapod and was thinking the same thing. But also thinking maybe getting a really small external flash (with manual) and mounting that on the gorillapod and triggering it from the Q with a cheap wireless trigger, maybe that would be fun to walk around with. I saw some pictures of someone setting up a flash unit behind people and triggering it as they walked by in the rain. Looked really cool!

tacticdesigns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 28, 2013, 11:49 PM   #22

I've had flash triggers in mind for a long time. That might have been my next purchase if I hadn't bought the Q. I really would like the Cactus duo to start with, then perhaps expand if I get it figured out. There are too many times when I'm shooting macro outside and there's too much light for the optical wireless to work. That might be great to get for the Q, too.
mtngal is offline   Reply With Quote