Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax Q

Old Jul 23, 2013, 6:23 PM   #11

All your shots are great, I love the Flamingos.

My Flickr Photos

Pentax K-5 K20D K100D
Pentax DA 55-300mm 4-5.8 ED / Pentax M 200mm F4 / Pentax Tak K 135mm 2.5 / Pentax M 100mm F4 Macro / Tamron SP AF90mm 2.8 Di Macro / Pentax M 1.7 50mm / Pentax M 2.8 28mm
Rodney9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 24, 2013, 2:08 PM   #12

Nice shots - looks like you had an excellent vacation and lots of opportunity to use the Q. Were you on a train in the last picture? I think that would be a great way to travel and get a bit ahead on processing your pictures.
mtngal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 24, 2013, 5:26 PM   #13

Yes. Its the train. It's actually the Amtrak auto train that runs between Washington and Florida. We drive Toronto to Washington. Then we catch the Amtrak auto train overnight from Washington to Florida. The auto train, not only do you ride the train, your car does as well. So when we get into Florida, they unload your car and you got your own car to drive around Florida in. Brilliant!

My wife found it the 1st time we went down with the girls. She said that it would let us have a car to get around Florida without having to rent one yet save the wear and tear on the car not having to drive all the way down. And for the girls it was a little adventure before the big adventure. For me . . . the added bonus is that we get to load up the car with the stuff we want and not have to lug it around the airport.

We liked it so much, it was a no brainer to use it this trip too!

Do they have anything like this on the west coast?

tacticdesigns is offline   Reply With Quote