Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax Q

Old Oct 1, 2013, 8:52 AM   #1

Default Playing with exposures

Last night at sunset trying different things with the Q. First shot auto HDR 2nd a 9 shot multiexposure trying to smooth out the water and sky. I used the internal ND filter but shutter speeds were still at 1/8 sec. I need to get an external ND filter to get longer shutter speeds but the multiexposure got close to what I was trying to get, what do you guys think.

Hans
Attached Images

...It is better to burn a roll of film than curse the darkness. Equip. Kr, K30, Q & Q7, DAL 55-300, DA 35 f2.4, DA 50 f1.8 DA 18-135, SMC A 50 f1.7, SMC-A 28 f2.8, SMC M 135 f3.5, Canon P&S S100 w/CHDK Beta, Flickr:
hnikesch is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Oct 1, 2013, 4:20 PM   #2

Well, your 'playing' turned out very nice results. I'll have to try this, thanks for the lesson.

Rodney
Old Oct 1, 2013, 4:57 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodney9 View Post
Well, your 'playing' turned out very nice results. I'll have to try this, thanks for the lesson.

Rodney
Rodney the multiexposure does not autoalign like HDR, you will need a tripod and remote or use the timer

Hans

...It is better to burn a roll of film than curse the darkness. Equip. Kr, K30, Q & Q7, DAL 55-300, DA 35 f2.4, DA 50 f1.8 DA 18-135, SMC A 50 f1.7, SMC-A 28 f2.8, SMC M 135 f3.5, Canon P&S S100 w/CHDK Beta, Flickr:
Old Oct 1, 2013, 10:52 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by hnikesch View Post
Rodney the multiexposure does not autoalign like HDR, you will need a tripod and remote or use the timer

Hans
Now you tell me , I took these hand held, my friend's dog ( Jazz, the one my Mojo likes to traumatise ) shot would maybe better on a tripod, but I kinda like the soft background anyway, the river scene obviously would have been better on the tripod. Mojo turned out ok I think, 1/250th must be fast enough ? and that ND filter worked a treat on this one and the river.
Attached Images

Last edited by Rodney9; Oct 1, 2013 at 11:15 PM.
Rodney9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 2, 2013, 8:00 AM   #5

The way the multi-exposure works you must push the release for each image after selecting the number of shots and then selecting "start shooting" in the mult-exposure menu. Either you are fantastic at aligning images in the finder between shutter releases or you missed a step.

Hans

Old Oct 2, 2013, 5:12 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by hnikesch View Post
The way the multi-exposure works you must push the release for each image after selecting the number of shots and then selecting "start shooting" in the mult-exposure menu. Either you are fantastic at aligning images in the finder between shutter releases or you missed a step.

Hans
Oh my apologies, I was confused , I thought you just meant HD, thanks for clearing this up.
Old Oct 13, 2013, 8:51 AM   #7

Love the write up! Really interesting. Got me eager to go try that out!

NOTE: I'm trying to capture the picture in my head! Not the one my camera sees!

Personal Flickr Favs: http://www.flickr.com/photos/tacticd...7631300869284/
tacticdesigns is offline   Reply With Quote