Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Sep 9, 2006, 8:07 PM   #1
Location: Hebron, Kentucky (northern Kentucky/Greater Cincinnati):KCVG

:idea:I have found the short length of the Pentax remote cable release rather vexing, expecially when trying to phtograph that pesky Humming Bird. The short length of the cord forced me to stand next to the camera vs being able to sit down in a comy deck chair! On a recent visit to the local Radio Shack I came across a coiled extension cord which fits perfectly and now allows me about6 feet of extension. If anyone is interested, it is ithe Hands-Free Headset Extension Cable (used for cordless and cell phones) and sells for under US$7. Here is an image of it set up. Hope it is of use to others.

Wingman is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Sep 10, 2006, 6:41 AM   #2

It looks like a nice cable. In case others can't find one at their local RS I bought mine at "yourcablestore". I like their attitude and fast delivery even to Canada.

nlp239 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 10, 2006, 7:17 AM   #3

i didn't find one soi made one from a 25' telephone extension and a 2.5mm stereo plug that was laying around. soldering the contacts was a real b!***..