Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Sep 12, 2006, 6:42 PM   #1

I have now e-mailed Pentax three times and politely asked for the overall length of the FA77mm1.8 with both lens caps on. I am looking to buy one of the Pelican micro cases to house both the 77 and my 40 pancake. I have found that the specs that Pentax gives on it's website are not even close. For instance, Pentax lists the OL on the pancake as 0.6" when it is really 1.7" with the lens caps on. They are giving mounted dimensions, which is fine, but you can't size a case based on a mounted dimension.

I find Pentax's lack of response to be no different that that of Nikon or Olympus - no one can be bothered to answer such an unimportant question. It is a shame that we, the consumer, have such little value that weare given suchcavalier treatment.

Anyway, besides the rant, can anyone come up with a "real" overall length of the 77 with both lens caps on? I would appreciate it. LBA and the deadline for the rebate are getting ready to butt heads. Mercy!!!
bobbysox is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Sep 12, 2006, 6:49 PM   #2

The lenght is 70mm with both caps on.
smulan is offline   Reply With Quote