Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Sep 17, 2006, 10:27 AM   #1

My wife & I were on our way to a restaurant in a little town north of where we live last night & I looked up to discover these colors from the sunset. I justdon't recall seeing rays form this way before. It was just with the kit lens at 1/6 f6.7 45mm 400iso handheld...had to touch up a dust spot with pse3 :sad:...otherwise orginal. I think I'm taking it in to get the sensor cleaned. I keep trying a nasal aspirator but it seems like it just moves it around no matter how I hold the camera (which is normally upside down to let it fall out)
Attached Images
wadue is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Sep 17, 2006, 10:40 AM   #2

Very cool, I haven't seen that sort of sky before either. At least you got the shot, last week I saw the most amazing colour in clouds at sunset but I couldn't go out and get a picture.

Monza76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 17, 2006, 10:43 AM   #3

cleaning the sensor is a piece of cake. you can probably get a cleaning kit for 1/2 what somebody is going to charge you to clean it. i clean mine at least once a month..

Old Sep 17, 2006, 11:13 AM   #4

Very cool photo!

ennacac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 17, 2006, 11:00 PM   #5

Thanks for the comments, guys! Roy, I'm curious what you use to perform your monthly cleaning. I stopped by the local camera shop & they suggested this

it's a vacuum that lifts the dust off of the sensor, but they suggested not to use the swabs(understandable) ... oh yeah, the cost is $80 (same as a local pro would charge w/o waiting for 2-3 weeks) Then I went across town to another store (same company) to check on their used lenses & they informed me to be very careful using this product because it would void the sensor's warranty. He also assured me that more than likely if the dust is movable with a nasal aspirator or a turkey baster then this kit would be fine so ..... thought I would ask for your opinions & suggestions!

Thanks as always,

wadue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 17, 2006, 11:14 PM   #6

Just thought You might be interested in the kit i use

Black Knight is offline   Reply With Quote