Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Sep 23, 2006, 7:55 AM   #11

thekman620 wrote:
Autofocus sluggish? I find it blazingly quick compared to my DS. 6mp's not enough?? Lol. I wouldn't take this too seriously. Like more pixels is the key to a better camera. I would have loved to have seen a 6mp camera with features like the k10d coming out. We need better IQ, not more pixels. Of course, I'm probably in the minority on this.....cheers.....Don

I cannot comment on the AF speed as i only have the DS. However on the rest of your CommentsI could not agree more!!

Black Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 23, 2006, 10:32 AM   #12

AF speed is battery dependant. If the reviewer used the AA's that Pentax included (bad move on Pentax's part) they will get BAD AF speeds. Pentax manual states the batteries are ONLY to verify the camera works..... not for use... Strange but true. Throw in a good set of batteries (your choice) and things change...
ISO 200 is the sensor, not the implementation. If other cameras lower the 6MP APS to 100 then they must implement software tweaks to make it look good. Actually you would lose some dynamic range downrating it to 100. This has been discussed quite a bit.
Maybe other "reviewers" actually know how to use a camera
oreo57 is offline   Reply With Quote