Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Sep 22, 2006, 12:30 PM   #1

At work today, I learned that we paid $280+ for a Photodisc of stock (generic) photos. I though "wow, I could have easily of taken those photos. Hmm, What would it take to sell my own stock photo CDs"?

Then I just saw this on MSN

Does anyone sell thier photos online with iStockphoto or Shutterstock?
What services do you use?

[sorry if this has already been discussed. I only lurk in the Pentax forum and haven't searched yet.]
macshak is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Sep 22, 2006, 1:13 PM   #2

i read that article too, interesting read! on the one hand, you have to pay them to upload photos, the other site seems to allow a very limited range of photos, with screening to avoid overstocking generically available photos. are there any other sites out there besides these? i'm sure they paid to be mentioned on MSN!
milrodpxpx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 22, 2006, 7:57 PM   #3

I haven't, but I've thought about it.

Popular Photography had an article on some sites maybe 2-3 months ago. I'd have to find the magazine to find the sites again.
nhmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 24, 2006, 8:24 AM   #4

I read the same PopPhoto article ... I think it was either the July or August issue (definitely not Sept). I was hoping to read a reply here that someone had been doing some selling ... by the quality of the posts, the potential is certainly here! Not only in this forum but in the others as well. If you have not ventured beyond the Pentax/Samsung dSLR forum, I highly advise everyone to visit others such as the People, Landscape, Travel, Close-up, & (one of my favorites) Wildlife! There's a man in Minnesota with avatar of Buzzsaw that has BEAUTIFUL shots of hummingbirds & other animals that are calendar & stock photo quality! Another guy from South Africa (JakeTPegg) took a 3week vacation at a gamereserve & has National Geographic quality shots! I know that a few members from here like Nick(nlp239) & kman have ventured there but I would like to encourage others to do the same.

As far as the royalty free stock photos go ... I'm looking for advise as well:sad:

wadue is offline   Reply With Quote