Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Sep 27, 2006, 1:48 PM   #11

With my DL the image mode is set to natural and everything else is at the default settings. I agree with Roy on that, do the PP in a decent program and the results are better.

As for the RAW debate, I seldom use RAW now but if I had a higher performance computer I might use it a lot more often.

Monza76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 27, 2006, 3:24 PM   #12

I rarely use RAW because I don't want to deal with the post processing required with RAW, and I get the results I want from jpg., up to 16"x20".

Just leave the setting where they are except pick the mode you want to shoot in and do all your PP in some sort of image processor like Photoshop.

ennacac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 27, 2006, 4:17 PM   #13

fghouse2000 wrote:
I consider myself a beginner in the game. So I choose to shoot in JPEG till I get the art mastered.
Pretty much the same for me. In fact, that is why I make it a point to post most of my images here with no other PP except resizing. If I am making mistakes I WANT them to show and hopefully constructive criticism will help me improve. Later I will try for the perfect shot, right now I am just learning.

NonEntity1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 27, 2006, 5:45 PM   #14

Use default settings other than natural mode. The bright mode on the K100D isn't as oversharpened/overprocessed as I thought the DS was. I switched to raw a while ago, and like the extra capability, but find jpg pictures very nice. I didn't see much difference when I was using PhotoLab 3, but do when I use ACR. I can see why someone shooting birds or sports would use jpg, especially when shooting in burst mode - raw is good if you aren't sure of things and have extra time to play with things.
mtngal is offline   Reply With Quote