Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Sep 30, 2006, 4:53 AM   #11

Photo Life, a Canadian photography magazine (which concentrates on photography, not cameras BTW) is running a full page ad, from Pentax Canada,for the K10D. I will check and see if a release date is given, but I would hope that Pentax is not advertising a product in a magazine that is still months away. Hopefully the initial estimates of late October - early November are correct but all we can do is wait and see. Nice ad BTW.

Monza76 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 30, 2006, 4:17 PM   #12

$899.95[/b] & this item ships for FREE with Super Saver Shipping. Details

Availability: This item will be released on November 20, 2006. Pre-order now. Ships from and sold by Amazon.com.

jogiba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 30, 2006, 5:19 PM   #13

Didn't we just go thru a similar debate? What was that last year, last month or even...
nlp239 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 30, 2006, 9:32 PM   #14

Ira, any chance of scanning the ad and posting it up?

Pentax ads are rare and it is always good to see one.

Peacekeeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 30, 2006, 10:42 PM   #15

My sort of local (85 miles) camera shop told me November 6th, but when I called today they now have October 15th on their computer for a release date.

ennacac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 30, 2006, 10:59 PM   #16

I just went to a Ritz camera store today at the local mall. DIdnt have much there but I asked the know nothing manager when the K10 was going to be out, he said they were out already at some stores. Blew me away untill I figured out he was talking about the K100. He finally looked in the computer and said mid Nov. release.

Of course they didnt have the k100 in stock there either but could order it. NO lenses for Pentax. One DL with kit lens for 600bucks was all the pentax stuff they had. Then I asked about flashes and he said some generic would fit my DL. I asked if it was P-TTL compliant and he had no clue what I was asking. It fit on the DL he hadbut wouldnt fire. Weird being a newbie at this and knowing more about the Pentax line than the manager of a camera store. Geez where do they get these people. I sure won't be going back to THAT store again. Is it TOO much to ask that a MANAGER of a Camera store know a little something about the wares he sells? I don't expect the clerks at Walmart or Best buy to know a lot but a manager of a camera store should know about cameras ne?
Spiritbro77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 1, 2006, 8:48 PM   #17

Adorama are already taking orders for the camera and vertical grip. B&H is listing it, and offer to notify you as soon as it hits the shelves.

I think late October, early November is a reasonable guess.
danag42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 1, 2006, 10:40 PM   #18

My camera dealer in Canada says the K10 will be available in November, which is coming up fast.
lesmore49 is offline   Reply With Quote