Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Sep 30, 2006, 12:51 PM   #1

I left work yesterday after getting everything out to the customer. Getting home I found that my new camera had arrived. So spent a few minutes unpacking and setting it up, then realizing that I was loosing the light, sooo.... here are the first few images that I took with my NEW Pentax K100D...

Its a 3 image panaroma of Mummy Mountain in the Phoenix area. I croped it and resized it to reduce the file size (any recommendations on how best to do this with out loosing resolution?)

its with the kit lense - 18 to 55 at 18

Attached Images

interested_observer is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Sep 30, 2006, 3:50 PM   #2

That's certainly a promise of more goodies to come in the future! Welcome onboard and keep on posting, IB!

Kjell
bilybianca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 30, 2006, 3:54 PM   #3

IO,
i was going to ask if that wasn't Camelback Mt. in phx. soooo many places to shoot in your area. i'm envious as i'd move back there if possible. well probably Tucson.

roy
Old Sep 30, 2006, 6:39 PM   #4

Nice picture and place! Can't say I know Phoenix, I've only driven through it on my way to somewhere else. From photos I've seen on this board, it looks like I'm missing out on some nice views. Have fun with that new camera!
mtngal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 30, 2006, 6:47 PM   #5

very nice - never looked at it from that angle - whereabout (cross streets) is that?

I do a lot of panoramas and usually compress them to about 90 percent with a program called picaview32 from ACDsee. Here ia an example:

http://wheelgunner.zoto.com/img/orig...144e4629ba.jpg

It is about 240 KB and is stitched together from 5 images. (It is Squaw Peak area looking North).
HogRider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 30, 2006, 11:36 PM   #6

HogRider and All,

Its Mummy Mountain from Double Tree Ranch Road and 56th Street - about half way between Tatum and Scottsdale Road looking south.

This morning I was out, but the rabbits and quail were too far away and scurring the other direction, and my 50-200 has not arrived yet, so probably Monday for that. I do not have Sammy the Seagull to pose for me here.

I have spent all day helping my son on his mousetrap car for physics - has to be from odds and ends - no kits. So its a regular Rub Goldberb contracptation.
interested_observer is offline   Reply With Quote