Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Oct 7, 2006, 5:49 PM   #11

Simple shots in your hands turn out to be not quite simple with stellar results.
The last deer shot is spectacular.

ennacac wrote:
The leaves are turning fast and are loosing their color, but some are still nice.

There is still color around the lake.

Good test for my camouflage outfit, since this was taken with my 28-70mm @ 70mm full frame with no crop. They knew something was there, as I was sitting in the open, with my back against a tree about 10 feet away, but they couldn't figure out what was up.

danielchtong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 7, 2006, 8:54 PM   #12

This is the first photo after they crested the hill, and I shot six more images with my DS and neither deer paid any attention to the sound of the camera.

Even after taking the original photo I posted, they both just walked away back down the path even though the one deer had been less than 10 feet away when I took the photo.

ennacac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 8, 2006, 8:18 AM   #13

I'm glad they cooperated with you and gave you the opportunity for the great captures. I'm a little surprised that the shutter noise didn't bother them. Good to know,cause I'm hoping to get some photos of deer this fall.

JimInGA is offline   Reply With Quote