Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Oct 8, 2006, 8:10 AM   #11

Well, I think I've decided to exchange it (so glad I purchased from B & H).
Pretty bummed out after waiting all this time for it.....

I really think I have a bad copy. About 5% to 10% of the shots I'm attempting to take show the focus indicator is lit but the camera is still not allowing me to take the shot. If the focus indicator was blinking or not being displayed I could understand but it should let me take the shot regardless of exposure if the focus light is solid....

Add that in with the inconsistent delay of the pic being taken after hitting the shutter button and shots being taken continuously even though the camera is not in continuous mode, and I think something just isn't right with the copy I have.

If anyone reading this is considering the K100D as a potential purchase, do not let this thread scare you into not buying this camera. I'm not particularly loyal to Canon, Nikon or Pentax so I'm pretty unbiased. I did a lot of research and can tell you that the K100D is onegreat camera at an awesome price! The layout, build and photo capabilities are awesome. I will beasking for an exchange NOT a refund.

Thanks again to everyone who replied.....

cameranoob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 8, 2006, 5:37 PM   #12

Think you've made the right choice exchanging it.

As far as the resistence on the shutter - it is lighter than the Pentax DS (I have both), and there were a couple of times when I took the picture before I was "ready" for it. Its not hard to adjust to - I had forgotten all about it until someone mentioned it last week. But it's always been consistent, so I think you happened to get a bad copy. Let us know how it goes with the next one.
mtngal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 8, 2006, 6:22 PM   #13

I am not sure about your focus problem but I have had the issue where on a single shot setting there have been mutliple shutter operations.

This was not due to a camera fault!

It is caused by low battery voltage. Once I had a fully charged set of batteries into my DS the shutter operation has returned to nomal.

This is despite the battery indicater showing full battery level.

These cameras seem to do strange things with low battery voltage so if anything strange does happen one of the first things to check is to positveley ensure that you have good battery voltage.
philneast is offline   Reply With Quote