Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Oct 8, 2006, 1:13 AM   #1

I shoot with Pentax cameras starting with the Manual ME though the ZX-50 auto focus camera and even still have one ZX-50 but its doesn't advance film right. Get losts of half pictures and some full pictures.

I sold all my Pentax stuff except above one and one 35-80mm F4-5.6 FAand went to theNikon D80, D70sand now own a D200 great camera. But as I've gotten older andwill retire next year I now need a camera with anti shake because I shake all the time. It's called a tremor. I have been buying Nikon VR lens and this allows me to shoot a shutter speeds that most people take for granted. I would like to get a camera that has anti shake built in and so have been watching the new cameras that or coming out with it. The Sony looked good and maybe the next one will be it but there or some things that I just don't like about it.

Than Pentax anouced the New K10D and it really looked like what I wanted it has just about everything I would want in a Digital SLR camera. But than I started looking at the lens available for it and relized that except for the prime lensPentax lens or slow most F stops starting at F4 or slower. While the anti shake would help speed up the shutter speed I don't like giving up any more speed than I have to because I'm aready lossing some do to tremor. I'd like to see something along the lines of a 16-100mm F3.5-5.6 with a 67mm + frount lens. this would be 24-150mm on a digital camera and would be a great carry around do all size. 28-80mm F4 just don't make it thats a 42-120mm on a APS digital camera.

I'm still up in the air on weather or not to get the K10D as I could sell my D200 and all my VR lens and would be able to buy alot of Pentax lens if there where any to buy. They do have a couple of great wide lens but not to much above that right now, except in prime lens. I don't like carrying a lot of these into the field.
grogey is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Oct 8, 2006, 7:13 AM   #2

Look, if you're already deep into the Nikon system, I'd advise against leaving it. It is a good system, and if you have spent a lot of money on lenses already, it's almost certain you won't get that back entirely.

TDN is offline   Reply With Quote