Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Oct 12, 2006, 10:21 PM   #1

I am a new bee....
I just wondering if I buy the K10, what kind of lens will be good for K10.
I am a lazy guy to change the lens. is there any good 18-200mm lens for
K10D. If I bought the camera kit with 18-55mm lens. any good 55-200mm lens to refer?

happyjerry is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Oct 13, 2006, 12:34 AM   #2

Depends on the sort of photography you want to do. I think sigma might have a new 18-200 out which would be an OK walkaround lens but I believe may sacrifice some sharpness out at the 200 end.

I just recently got the Sigma 24-70 2.8 EX which is turning out to be a fantastic lens
errno_gmm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 13, 2006, 4:59 AM   #3

i think this is very personal and subjective to user's preference. for myself, especially if i were to buy the k10d (sure i'm), my first priority is the lens quality, nothing but quality come first. i will either keep an eye with the new coming bright zoom lenses from pentax or the fixed lenses. for my personal preference, i will not get a huge zoom range lens like 18-200mm, no lens is perfect, either you want quality or convinience while you travel with just a lens or few good lenses. some ppl will just prefer a powerful zoom range, and not too fussy to compromise some quality draw back. but for me again, i want the best from the lens. fixed lenses is my first priority.
precsmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 14, 2006, 8:59 PM   #4

If you want a good walk-around lens, the 16-45 f/4 is superb. Or you could wait (and save) for the 16-50 f/2.8 that will be out in the spring.

The 31 Limited is a great normal lens, and any of the 50mm f/1.4 lenses would make a great portrait lens. I have an A and and M, though I tend to use the A most of the time.

There's a 50-135 coming out in the spring, also pricey.
danag42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 14, 2006, 9:04 PM   #5

If you get the kit 18-55 lens, the 50-200 is a nice companion and is well worth the price. If you want one lens to always wear on it, there is a Tamron 28-300mm lens available at a decent price from Cameta Camera. The Sigma 24-135mm lens is well regarded if you get a good one, there have been reports of people getting examples that do not allow the camera menu to function. Overall though, why get a Dslr and only get one lens?

NonEntity1 is offline   Reply With Quote