Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Oct 14, 2006, 11:36 AM   #1

I've just bought a Sigma DG Super flash for my DS2. First impressions are good.

I've also ordered a flash diffuser from Joe Demb - http://www.dembflashdiffusers.com/ - which I have high hopes for.

I'd also like to experiment with some small slave units as well. These will obviously have to be digital slaves to ignore the pre-flash of the Sigma.

I'm interested in this route, rather than buying another expensive Sigma (or similar), to save money and, hopefully, using maybe one or two slaves, be able to produce more interesting results.

I therefore have a few questions that I'm hoping someone can answer:

1 - Any suggestions as to the make/model of digital flashes I could investigate? I'm only looking for small output units that are cheap!

2 - Will it be a question of reducing the power of the off-camera slaves to get a good 'look' to the picture? Would I have to do this with, say, tissue paper?

3 - As the DS2 only works on P-TTL, I'm assuming that the DS2/Sigma setup will, between them, determine the correct exposure (as you'd expect), and the slaves will only have an affect when the main flash goes off. Presumably I'd then have to adjust the strength of the slaves to produce the desired effect?

Hope someone can help.

jmvideo is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links