Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Oct 15, 2006, 1:31 AM   #1

I have an ist DL. Like it, but don't love it. The features seem buried in menus and the AF is way slow especially in low light. I also think the metering is off, but since I'm not an expert it could be me. I am also looking at the D80, A100, 30D and XTI in order. I am posting here because I like Pentax and don't want to be bashed by the unfriendlies.

jabilson007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Oct 15, 2006, 4:24 AM   #2

We went from DL to K100D after the DL was stolen. The main advantage seems to be the Shake Reduction.

mtclimber/Sarah, who I think owns a few different DLSR's from different brands, makes some AF speed comparison between a K100D and a Nikon D50 in this thread.

bobinoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 15, 2006, 11:48 AM   #3

If you've bought quite few Pentax lenses already, I wouldn't change systems.

Of course real advice can only be given after some people used it and tested it, but I think it's going to be one heck of a camera...

TDN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 15, 2006, 12:57 PM   #4

The K10D appears to be the replacement for the original D. My D is controlled mostly by buttons after you do the initial setup. There is very little menu-diving.

I have a .pdf of the instruction manual for the K10D. It has two control wheels, very useful. It also mostly uses the buttons for control once you do the initial setup.

With the grip you can shoot for long time before having to even think about batteries. The whole package is a true pro-spec camera. I can't wait to see what the upcoming super-high-end model is going to be.
danag42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 15, 2006, 3:25 PM   #5

tell her you'll give her the DL
plagued is offline   Reply With Quote