Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Oct 25, 2006, 8:45 PM   #1

Ok I own a 1st DL with a kit lens, 80-329 zoom, 28MM Manuel lens and an AF-360 flash.

For the most part my pictures have been just fair.somewhat blurry too dark or to light. example attached.

I have seen the post of others and know that the problem is not the camera but the photographer. Tomorrow Iwill be shooting a group of employees indoors. I will not have lighting control standard office lights, but could use the flash.

What settings do you believe I should use. Need to know which program setting to choose and which ISO speed to use and what other setting you would do.

Attached Images
Bowenp is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Oct 25, 2006, 9:16 PM   #2

First I assume the 360FTZ. I'd just throw the flash on, put it in program mode (I don't know the names but "portrait" comes to mind ), Slap on the kit lens and fire away, preferably in RAW unless they need instant gratification....... Anything goes wrong, blame the camera

oreo57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 25, 2006, 9:19 PM   #3

That shot does not look to bad, I assume you used the kit lens? If you stopped down more and used the flash you would get more depth of field.

With the lenses you have listed I would probably use the flash. I really like my two 50mm 1.7 lenses for indoors without flash. The 18-55mm kit lens would probably be my first choice for the wider angle but the flash will be a necessity. The 28mm 2.8 would be your best bet if flash use was restricted.

My best suggestion would be to take some trial shots before your office event starts in the same room/lighting that the event will be in. This should give you a good idea of how your setup will work and you can make adjustments until you are satisfied before the "real" picture taking begins.

NonEntity1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 25, 2006, 10:02 PM   #4

nothing wrong with the image posted. use the 28mm in manual mode with the cam set to 1/180sec, chose your ap and all should be well if you have the flash set on auto TTL.