Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Oct 30, 2006, 12:45 AM   #11

my experience with thepentax is the best among the entry dslr's, i ended up getting it (k100d). the nikon isequallygood ergonomic-wise.as how everybody suggested, go play with it until you're completely convinced. for me, the 350d and 400d doesnt feel that all nice because when i positioned my thumb correctly, i tend to shave the lense with my other fingers...(gripping it just feels abit weird to me). gave me the impression that i may get finger cramps after using it, but thats just me....

the buying process should be fun...enjoy!
ryanmkk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 30, 2006, 2:26 PM   #12

Thank you for that. I am really surprisedat the response that I have gotten to a question that I thought everyone would overlook as minor. But it turns out that ergonomics are really important and very personnal; so pentax users are responding with feeling as well as with practical advise. I feel that with all the responses under my belt, I should go back to the store and handle this fine camera again. I now realize that Pentax may have chosen the ideal spot to place their dial and the button. Camera users want to make these settings with the viewfinder still against their eye and that seems to be just what they get with this arrangement. Besides, the bottom line is, now that pentax has image quality that is in the neighborhoodof nikon and canon, their inclusion of shake reduction is just too much to overlook. ChaCha
chacha is offline   Reply With Quote