Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Nov 2, 2006, 9:52 AM   #1

I just joined but have been a pentax guy since i was 12 when my dad gave me a K1000(i still own it) to learn own ican introduce my sel more over time but I bought a DL a year or so ago and it has really been a blast shooting with it but I need need to mooch off of you already and ask some advice
I have a Pentax DL and im having a bit of a issue with the hot shoe. I cant seem to get anything to fire off the hot shoe other than the AF 360 and a Sunpak555 with TTL adapter. i have tried several hot shoe to PC adapters and none seem to work. I even bought one of the new Wein safe shoe adapters. it will trigger the off camera flash with its test button but taking a photo will not trigger any of my other flashes with any combination of cables.
Am i not setting something right??? is ther a magic trick to this?? i have tried the camera in manual and full program along with the aperture and shutter priorty modes. or do i have a faulty hot shoe?? its fot to be something so simple im missing it
I Need to take maternity portraits of my wife and we only have a month to go. so i need good soft side lighting and such so i need to move the AF360 off camera but every one i check with is out of stock and back ordered on the off camera adapters and 9' extension cable (whats up with that) so i cant wait for the back orders to be filled.i may just go get a couple more AF 360 keep the one oncamera a lo power and the other one slash/two at higher output levels
thank you in advance for any help you may give
texasbluesguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Nov 2, 2006, 1:34 PM   #2

welcome to the board. sounds like a real prob. i know the DL will not do TTL must be P-TTL. not sure what you want to do. are you trying to fire the flash off the camera or have the flash on the camera. if you bought it locally take it back and have them test it. i've never had a problem with firing the flash on or off camera with a 2 lead manual cord or the F5P 9' cord. try cleaning all the contacts with alcohol and see if that helps. if not, drink what's left till you forget about it..... LOL

oh, what part of TX..