Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Nov 20, 2006, 5:45 PM   #1

I was wondering if anyone has or knows anything about the Pentaz K110D. I was looking at a Sony DH5 and was undecided if this would be abetter upgrade. All opinions appreciated.
jhawley is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Nov 21, 2006, 12:01 AM   #2

The two are quite different, and have different strong points. The K110D is just like the K100D except it doesn't have the anti-shake (called Shake Reduction, or SR). I have the K100D and love having the SR, and would recommend it over the K110D, especially if you are going to want a long telephoto lens. Otherwise, the K110 is a very nice camera that will take lots of excellent shots (I have the earlier DS and love it).

It really comes down to what you want to do with the camera. Like any dSLR, the quality of the pictures from the K110 will be better than the H5 (larger sensor), but you will have to spend quite a bit more to get lenses to get the same range that the H5 covers. There will be a bigger learning curve with a dSLR - lots more to think about and more that can go wrong. However, it's just digital and there's always the delete key!

If money is a major point, then you might want to think about getting the DL. It's an older model but if there's a significant price difference, it would probably be worth it - I can't tell much difference between my DS and the K100D unless its low light or when I'm using a longer telephoto lens (that's the SR helping out).
mtngal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 21, 2006, 12:55 AM   #3

Unless you can get a DL for under 300$, I would go with the K110D instead. It can be had for a little over 400$ nowadays I think. Great price for a great camera. Think of it as an 'improved' DS. Has 11 AF points aswell and an updated image processor, which has some of the kinks worked out.

If you need shake reduction, go for the K100D. If you don't, I think the K110D would be a great camera for you.
TDN is offline   Reply With Quote