Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Nov 21, 2006, 11:45 AM   #11

supposedly the duracell 2650's are relabeled sanyo 2700's, hence the good performance across both brands.

more on the duracells: http://www.stevesforums.com/forums/v...mp;forum_id=51
ishino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 21, 2006, 11:47 AM   #12
Location: Hebron, Kentucky (northern Kentucky/Greater Cincinnati):KCVG

I've been using Rayovac 2500 mah and have had no issue with using them in my DL. Jay
Wingman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 21, 2006, 12:29 PM   #13

mtngal wrote:
The DS battery indicator will show full charge when there isn't much left in the batteries, so I pretty much ignore the indicator.
Same here,the indicator is just that - not an exact science.

Personally, I find that the NiHi (I use 3 sets of2300mAH) don't discharge that much when sitting unused in the camera. Typically, I shoot about 100 images during a session, then the camera sits in the drawer for anything up to a couple of weeks & will take another 100 shots and so on until they die.

My experience of 2300mAH batteries is that I should get in excess of 500 shots when shooting on consecutive days over a week.
Catbells is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 21, 2006, 12:41 PM   #14

I had some older rechargeables that were a little more hit and miss (they were Sanyo and likely 5 years old) ... actually it was the loss of charge while sitting unused that was the real issue. Someone (here or elsewhere I'm not sure now) recommended this on-line supplier and I must say the results are nothing short of spectacular. I use the camera quite a bit and only have the built in flash ... I frankly can't remember the last time I changed the batteries in my DL ... certainly several hundred picutures ago!!! :-)

Thomas Distributing (http://www.thomasdistributing.com) ... and I ordered these:

K-MH-4270 Maha 2700mAh8 Batteries (two sets)

K-MHC801D-EC MAHA MH-C801D Battery Charger

The batteries and charger are excellent in my experience.

Cheers, Mike
mgedit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 21, 2006, 1:51 PM   #15

And it's not limited to the DL.

Planned to take a little walk with my K100D at lunch today (Tuesday). Loaded in four 1800 mAH NiMH's which sat in the slow recharger Saturday night into Sunday. Sunday morning the charging light was off and I dropped them in the camera bag. Tuesday lunch they gave me a low power rating, lasted six shots and gave out. :roll:

They are older batteries, probably bought five years ago, actively used for two years and then sat idle a lot (backup batteries) for the next three. Perhaps their time is just up.
BrettTurner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 21, 2006, 2:01 PM   #16

yeah my DL gives me strange readings about battery life aswell, however, it's just a reading. I usually do a long while with 1 set of 2500's...±500 clicks I think.
TDN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 21, 2006, 4:33 PM   #17

my set of 2000mAh dies after one week lying around. I ran out of power once. went out with set of 2500mAh in Dl2 and 2000mAh as spares, first set was enough for 3 shots (but at home was showing full charge) second set didn't want to start up camera. I had to walk half a mile to buy a set of alkalines (8 of them lasted 5 hours).

I was wondering about rechargable CR3V. I know thy have higher voltage than regular CR3V but I found some which are 3.15-3.25V. anyone knows what is safe voltage for DL2? on the website it was said that they have the same voltage as regulars.
here's the page

anyone tried them?

gfurm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 21, 2006, 4:48 PM   #18

If cells are giving such a reduced life, then I would suggest that they could be faulty or exhausted their useful life; certainly you should get more than 3 shots from a full charge.

I would invest a couple of new sets of NiHi batteries at a capacityof nominally 2300 mAH or higher with an intelligent charger that switches to trickle charge after the cells have reached full charge.

Pop a set in the camera and either use until they discharge or replace at the end of the day with the unused set & recharge the used ones - this is where the intelligent charger scores 'cause it will not over charge as timer chargers do.

Also remember that NiHi do not acquire their full charge potential (no pun) until after several charge cycles.
Catbells is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 21, 2006, 5:05 PM   #19

I have To agree with catbells. You either have Worn out batterys or a Bad Charger. No way they should last 3 Shots

Black Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 21, 2006, 5:07 PM   #20

My 2500 mAH AA batteries have always lasted at least 500 shots and still do after around two years of service. I have three sets, and rotate them quite often, since I always put in a set from the wall charger just before I go out for a longer shoot than usual and then put the ones from the camera in the charger. I also have a HD80, that has a kind of lame built in charger, so I some times take the set from the wall charger and rotate those also.

My charger is just a cheap one from Wallmart, nothing special as well as the cells.

The only negative issue I have had with mine is when I tried to charge them with the wrong outlet, which was controled by a wall switch and those only lasted a few shots before they went belly up, since they never were charged.

ennacac is offline   Reply With Quote