Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Nov 30, 2006, 9:24 PM   #11

robar wrote:
bragging rights are yours!!

we are getting hammered today also. 75f yesterday, 27f today.

I am really jealous: we got 7F today. Had to use the jacket this year....
DigitalAddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 30, 2006, 10:48 PM   #12

Thanks everyone, I picked up five copies of Thursday's Times at the Joplin Starbucks. The story and pic was on page A24. It was cool. I was out on the roads around Joplin and frankly driving sucked. Sleeted all day, we probably had three inches of sleet during the day, and weather people are calling for 5-7 inches of snow tonight. My plan, hybernate for the weekend. It's been two years since we had any kind of significant winter storm and this is significant. Took the DL out to shoot kids sledding on a hill in Joplin and it was like standing in a storm of BBs from a bunch of BB machine guns with sleet driven by 30 mph winds. This was one of about a dozen kids on a big hill in Joplin. Oh and yes, DigitalAddict, it does pay. It might be enough to come very close to either a new K100D or a 170-500 lens I was looking at the other day.
Attached Images
jhacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 30, 2006, 11:12 PM   #13

There doesn't look like there's enough covering the ground for decent sledding - but kids will have fun no matter what. Be careful out there on all that ice - icy sleet covered streets are horrible, but when you add several inches of snow on top - forget it. Take care, and stay safe!
mtngal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 1, 2006, 8:13 PM   #14

Congratulations! You can almost see the sadness in his face as he looks down at the rubble.

Well, must get off the computer for now. All the snow of the midwest is bringing us downpours of rain and window rattling thunderstorms. At least we don't have snow in the forecast. (Well, a little bit on Monday maybe.) But, this is New England.
nhmom is offline   Reply With Quote