Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Dec 1, 2006, 4:43 PM   #1

As there were no good suggestions for voting let us do it simply: post Your opinion in this thread. For best readability I would suggest:
1. Say which picture;
2. Now You can tell why;
3. C&C some others etc.

We open this "poll" for a week- conclusions wil be made at midnight Dec 8th GMT (just a minute before Dec 9th strikes...).

Sorry that we only gathered around 19 inputs but this makes deciding easier :-)
Hope that the next contest will get more marvellous images!

Best and happy voting and commenting, JR

Reps is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Dec 1, 2006, 5:02 PM   #2

Ok, I Guess i will Start. My vote goes to Spiritbro 77.
Black Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 1, 2006, 5:46 PM   #3

My vote goes to Fred2726 I really liked the out of focus glass with the in focus speakers behind it. Nice effect.
Spiritbro77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 1, 2006, 5:47 PM   #4

My vote is for Monza76. I really like the lighting and it showed off the wine's color well.
royce10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 1, 2006, 7:17 PM   #5

Hi All,

Tough choice! I found three that caught my eye. All were good, But i am voting for muttty. No offense to the others. For me to like a picture it has to catch my eye and draw me into it. The others caught my eye, but did not draw me into them. This is the way I shoot also. It may be nice enough to take a picture but I am still shooting like film. I try not to waste a shot unless it is something special.

Mutts shot make you want to have a glass of that wine or want to buy a bottle.. These are my feelings.

The other two were monza and spritbro 77.

bluwing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 1, 2006, 9:27 PM   #6

Another vote for mutty. Like bluwing said, his picture made me really want to try that bottle of red wine---which is odd because I know perfectly well that I don't like red wine. (White, on the other hand... :crazy Fantastic entry!

Honorable mention: Inneyesakay's second attempt, first try, with the dark line just above the table top going from upper left to lower right, and the top of the glass in the upper right. I think it has something to do with the fact the dark line is the first feature which catches the eye. Most of us are trained to start reading a page of text at the top left, we really like to "read" our photos that way too. The second attempt, with the dark line right to left, feels instinctively backwards.

Special booby prize for making me snort out loud: Kjell.
BrettTurner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 1, 2006, 10:36 PM   #7

I like Ira's "Salud" the best - sharp, fabulous colors, the type of picture I strive for but don't often get.

My honorable mention goes to Daniel's glasses - I find the lines interesting.

And a special complement to Kjell, for originality and giving me a laugh today at work when I needed it.
mtngal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 2, 2006, 2:06 AM   #8

My vote: Fred2726, for originality and harmony, the shape of the glass and the speaker reflect each other, as if the speaker cone is the glass seen from above.

My other candidates were Monza and spiritbro 77. Both might well have been professional studio shots for "Monthly Food Magazine" or something like that.

Edit: Of course mutty belongs in that league also.

Thanks for the nice comments on my desperate effort. :lol::lol:

bilybianca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 2, 2006, 5:08 AM   #9

My vote: Fred2726

I like it the most.

Ritro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 2, 2006, 7:14 AM   #10

This was a tough call. I think mutty's photo is the most professional looking. So, it gets my #1 vote. It is way out of my league.

But, I also like Fred 2726's. It is the kind of shot I like to experiment with. It really makes you take a good look at it to see what it actually is.

Good job!
nhmom is offline   Reply With Quote