Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Dec 11, 2006, 3:21 PM   #1

Well, with the holidays coming up, post what you'll be treated to or be treating yourself to this year

For me first on the list is a new monitor. My 7 year old CRT has been broken for a few months now, the top 10 rows of pixels get spread downwards over the top inches of my screen :s It's not the graphics card...

I figured I might aswell get a decent 19'' TFT while I'm at it. Will be cool for movies (I watch about 3 films/week nowadays ) and will be easier on my eyes when I'm programming for school...I'm almost at the pc 24/7...

If my exams in January go well, I plan to treat myself on a nice and fast 2nd hand prime. 135mm or something similar

So ok, let's hear all those lucky people who are getting a K10D !

TDN is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Dec 11, 2006, 3:50 PM   #2

I just bought myself a toy on e-bay, a Pentax SMC-K 28 mm shift lens!

I got it at the lowest price I've seen one go for, 373 EUR/493 USD. That's a lot of money for me too, but I take a loan from the family holiday savings account and will pay back month by month. Now help me andhold your thumbs everyone so the lenshas ahazzlefree journey from Germany to my home.

bilybianca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 11, 2006, 3:52 PM   #3

You reminded me something difficult for me to deal with.
I am done with my X'Mas shopping - 2007.

danielchtong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 11, 2006, 3:55 PM   #4

My wish list is quite long - I sent it to the wife, we'll have to wait and see what she gets me... SLIK tripod, 540 flash, Sigma 17-70, FA35/2, DA21, DA70... I can't imagine she'll buy all of it- but even 1 thing on the list would be very nice

ccallana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 11, 2006, 4:04 PM   #5

Nothing On my List- I am Saving For the K10D?. Or the Pentax 65-250. Either way it will be Next year. I'm Not Complaining, the better half pretty much indulged my needs this year. Would i love more Sure BUT

Black Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 11, 2006, 4:14 PM   #6

I put an order in for a K10D today. I should have it by Thursday. That's all I have on my wishlist for this year.

I did splurge a little and included the kit lens. I was planning on skipping it, since I can't use it with my film body (or at least I can't adjust the aperature on the film body), but there wasn't enough price difference to justify not getting it.

pbender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 11, 2006, 4:15 PM   #7

Getting my k10d this friday, + tamron di-II af 18-200 , hope to get a SMC 1.7 AF 50mm from ebay, and ... a bag ... a hand strap ... ... ...

and then i can put everything below the christmas tree and wait a week

probably the longest week ever :lol:?

rhermans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 11, 2006, 4:35 PM   #8

Well I came into some money recently and bought myself the K10 and a 77mm f1.8 limited lens so I already have my Christmas presents I do plan on picking up an inexpensive lighting set up and a better printer but other than that I'm done for a while. Next spring I hope to buy some longer glass for some nature shots.
Spiritbro77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 11, 2006, 4:44 PM   #9

well I'd like to get Slingshot 200 bag but my better half already got me something and I treated myself to Vivitar 105mm Macro (and I know I paid too much for it) so I have to stick with Nova 2AW for the time being.

gfurm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 11, 2006, 4:47 PM   #10

i'm pretty much caught up for the year. i''l just wait until i can get the k10 sometime after 4/15..