Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Dec 22, 2006, 8:26 PM   #31

With the $3000 I am just trying to make the most/best of it, with my photographic concerns.
Nate - I picked up my K100 in September with the kit lens ($20 more than the body alone) and also purchased a 50-200, total $800 (and also had a rebate). Recently, I purchased the 16-45 and the 10-17 for another $500 (after rebates). Your $3,000 can go very far indeed.

With the in body image stablization, you make any lense stablized, as opposed to the expensive Nikon and Canon lens that go for a premium. Also Pentax is known for great lenses (although all companys produce a dud every now and again). So once you know where your interest lie, you are able to pick up some really great glass. Pentax has produced their share of notable lens for the last 30 years, that are available on the web and in shops for a song.

Also - you don't have to spend it (the 3K) all at once - however if you select Pentax - do take advantage of the rebates.....

I have found that great pictures start with a creative photographer with an eye and an idea, using a good lens to collect the light. Just about any camera body produced today will provide great results - but you have to collect the light , and see the picture (in your mind) first.

interested_observer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 24, 2006, 9:52 PM   #32

Hello. I have both the smc Pentax A 50m f 2 lens and the Pentax M 50mm f l.7 lens. They are both excellent lenses, lightweight and a joy to use. The f2 lens should not be put down because it really is a very good lens. Very sharp, good color rendition, easy to operate either in A or manually turned aperture ring mode. Both lenses can be purchased very inexpensively on eBay for $25-40 estimate. Happy shopping!

Joyce, the shepherdess

M42 fan is offline   Reply With Quote