Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Dec 21, 2006, 2:25 PM   #11

The resale of the DS and DLs remain pretty high, considering. I would have happily kept my DS if I didn't already have the K100. I couldn't figure out a justification for 3 cameras! I'm sure that there will be people who will upgrade to a K10 from a DS and decide to keep it as a second body, if they can. I sure got used to that after I bought the K100. And in hindsight, I probably should have sold the K100 and kept the DS - it's lighter and I'll be keeping a wide-angle lens on the second body so I don't really need SR.
mtngal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 21, 2006, 2:32 PM   #12

Steve - I agree with you on the name and I think had Pentax started with K1000D, it would have been more commonlyrecognized with consumers - Bruce
bper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 21, 2006, 2:57 PM   #13

The K10D's price is already very competitive with the other cameras in it's bracket(30D, D80,D200). The XTI is really no competition for the K10D. That said, when I saw that I could get the K10D for under $600, through an employee discount, out came the AMEX. I was going to get the D80, but at that price and with all the features, I could not pass it up even if there is too much noise and the images are soft. Also got a AF360FGZ for under $120. Merry Xmas to ME!:blah:
jabilson007 is offline   Reply With Quote