Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Dec 24, 2006, 8:24 PM   #1

The Wow Factor for Christmas

My wife and I open our gifts to each other on Christmas Eve and look what I got. We where in Ritz Camera a couple weeks ago and I asked to see the K100D and mentioned I had wished I had waited for this camera over my DL because of the Shake Reduction and faster auto focus. A day later she asked about on line stores for a friend at work, yea right. I mentioned buydig.com as the store I bought my DL and I now have a new K100D. Again Wow. With the $50.00 rebate it brings this camera to $519.00. The little I played with this camera tonight I know I'm going to be one happy camper. The picture is with my DL that will now be for sale.
Attached Images
rritter is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Dec 24, 2006, 9:40 PM   #2

Old Dec 24, 2006, 11:59 PM   #3

Congrats on the camera - the SR makes a big difference.

But, you know, it's always nice to have a second camera body, so you can have a camera with a wide angle lens on it, and another camera with a long tele on it - then you don't have to change lenses that often, just pick up the appropriate camera. The DL would be nice for wide angle when you don't really need SR, then keep something long on the K100. They really would compliment each other, wouldn't they? I just couldn't quite sell the DS when I got the K100 so I did just that- kept the kit lens on the DS and a long tele on the K100. It worked really well, and I had justification to keep my beloved DS. It's just an idea.
mtngal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 25, 2006, 9:34 AM   #4

I actually thought about this and just might keep the DL. After all is' a great camera too. I have a Sigma 28-300 that would work great with the new K100D and my Sigma 18-125 on the DL, Yea just might work.
rritter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 25, 2006, 10:09 AM   #5

Woo Hoo! Congrats. You must have been on santa's "good kid" list.
royce10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 25, 2006, 9:27 PM   #6

Mery Christmas, you will love that K100D, I love mine,
Happy New Year
Rodney9 is offline   Reply With Quote