Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Dec 30, 2006, 9:08 PM   #1

This company: http://www.alienskin.com/exposure/index.htmlsells software designed to alter digital photographs to look more like they were taken with one of dozens of different films. It can even simulate push processing and cross processing (stuff I would not even know existed if I had not been reading photography books).

I found it interesting that, as someone who first became interested in "real" photography with a digital camera, I prefer the look of a digital photo to their simulated film grain. I figured I would post a link and see what the more experienced shutterbugs thought.

NonEntity1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Dec 30, 2006, 10:56 PM   #2

Hi Tim

As someone who has used Some of the film mentioned, I agree with you. While its interesting I have moved on to Digital.
Might be Fun just to play with the demo and See what Some of your Favorite Shots would Look Like. However I am Not interested enough to buy it.

Black Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 30, 2006, 11:01 PM   #3

$200 is kinda expensive for me. There is nothing that the program can do that you can't do with photoshop. I don't know how the layout is on that program but if you learn how to use photoshop, you can save you self $200 if you already have a copy of photoshop in your computer. Adobe PS might take some time but I think its worth it if you are serious about it.
superakuma is offline   Reply With Quote