Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Dec 31, 2006, 5:05 PM   #1

I've been lurking here (and on somre other forums) while trying to decide on a DSLR to replace my P&S Canon S2-IS. Most of my shooting has been outdoors of sports, birds, autos, auto racing and landscapes. I was leaning toward a D80 until I kept reading all the wonderful comments on the new Pentax DSLRs.

I just ordered a K10D body with a Sigma Zoom Telephoto 70-300mm f/4-5.6 APO DG Macro Autofocus Lens and a Zoom Super Wide Angle AF 17-70mm f/2.8-4.5 DC Macro Autofocus Lens, along with several books to help me get up to speed. I'm looking forward to sharing some pictures once I get the camera and figure out how to use it.

Anyway, I found some great information here that really helped me figure out which lenses to buy. Once I get them, I'll find out if I was correct.

Thanks all for your contributions.
zbrett is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Dec 31, 2006, 6:21 PM   #2

Welcome, new Pentaxian! Hope you'll have as much fun with your K10 as I'm having with mine. My suggestion is that you read the manual while your waiting for the battery to charge - there's a definite learning curve. Don't hesitate to ask questions if there's something that doesn't make sense to you.
mtngal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 31, 2006, 6:37 PM   #3

I like your choice of lenses: it should keep you happy for quite a while. At least we all say that before succumbing to LBA:lol:

Have fun.
DigitalAddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 31, 2006, 9:39 PM   #4

OMG!!! i hope you do not have the probs irivlin has had!!!!
it may deter your creative instincts.........