Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Jan 1, 2007, 4:26 PM   #11

Beautiful, Rickst! You're the master of landscapes!

We're not after the storm here, we're in the middel of it. Gale force winds,andelectricity coming and going. We are prepared for a long cut-off witha water-filled tub for washing and a pan for drinking water. Candles set up everywhere in the house, and firewood for the stove. We've got an old fashion cast iron stove, we can even cook on it if needed.

But mild temperatures, no snow and the meteorologists have started talking about the year without a winter. Scientifically it's still autumn due to high average temperatures. There's definately something fishy about the climate these days!

bilybianca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 1, 2007, 5:28 PM   #12

I hope you don't lose power for too long. Yes, there is something fishy about the climate.
Rickst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 1, 2007, 6:30 PM   #13

We've had more snow than normal, though certainly not a record. Our weather is so variable - oneNew YearsI went hiking on Mt. Pinos, our local mountain (and the highest point in Las Padres National Forest) without a snowflake anywhere. Then a couple of years ago we came back from spending the week between Christmas and New Years in St. George, only to find over 3 feet of snow inour driveway, and no place to park the car while we dug out a spot to park!

I really like your pictures, especially the early morning light of the second one.

Kjell, hope you don't have too many trees down and lose power for too long (and that you don't lose a freezer-full of food!).
mtngal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 2, 2007, 12:14 AM   #14

No. 3 is perfect.
Rodney9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 2, 2007, 4:24 AM   #15

Just like to add my admiration for shot no.3.

The blue reflection of the sky on the snow and the texture of the fallen snow make this one a winner.

Ian Mc
Ian Mc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 2, 2007, 8:19 AM   #16

Looking out my back door:

Attached Images
Monza76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 2, 2007, 8:39 AM   #17

wish I would have thought to get out on New Years with the camera. But by the time I thought about it, it was sunset, and I was no where near my camera. I did see a nice sunset over the state capitol though.
Basement Shows is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 4, 2007, 12:08 AM   #18

MadMikeSS wrote:
At least it was someone else getting the snow. We in Buffalo always get a bad rap but this year the only snow we've gotten was the nasty storm in October. Otherwise the weather has been in the 40's and 50's with no snow in sight. You all can keep it this year.
Nice Shots Ricky. Remind us what we are supposed to have.
We have not had anything more than 1/2 inch. The temp has been unseasonably warm . Unheard of this time of the yr

Daniel , Toronto
danielchtong is offline   Reply With Quote