Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Jan 17, 2007, 5:52 PM   #11

Monza76 wrote:
It is quite possible that the lens was acceptably sharp for film, we usually did not view the images large enough (and close enough) to see minor sharpness issues. With the dSLR you are actually viewing images at 100% view as ifthey were42" X 28" (that is for a 6MP image). That is actually larger than most home slide projection screens. The result is that we now see what we didn't notice before.

I would check for a "new" lens, possibly a Pentax 50mm f1.7 M, A, F or FA (the M should be a real bargain) to replace the Ricoh.

I'd agree with Ira. You can pick up an f2 A lens on ebay for about $25 or less including shipping. You only get a chance to take that shot once, why chance it being blurry?
Basement Shows is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 18, 2007, 11:18 AM   #12

I'm not actually planning on replacing this lens anytime soon, but I am pulling it out of my travel kit.

As I said in the initial post to this thread, I already have two zoom lenses that cover the 50mm focal length, and when I'm out in the field these days, the zoom lenses are what I use 90% of the time.

The 50mm might get used for some studio type work, shooting photos of stationary models on a model railroad, where I can control both the distance to subject and the lighting conditions.

pbender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 20, 2007, 7:07 PM   #13

I have noticed with the old SFXN and the new K10D that if you wind uplensesas far as poss in the infinity direction the lenses are slightly out of focus.So I always rely on the green dot on the viewfinder to confirm in focus slightly before infinty.
Ian Mc is offline   Reply With Quote