Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Feb 13, 2007, 11:06 PM   #1

Hey everyone,

I was planning on getting a Sigma Electronnic Flash EF-500 DG ST for my K110D. Since it was pretty cheap and within my budget. I was wondering if anyone owns it or has any experience or reference on it. Opinions would be appreciated. Thanks.
kioas is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Feb 14, 2007, 12:12 AM   #2

Personally, I looked into it and decided on the Sigma Electronnic Flash EF-500 DG Super. It has all the bells and whistles, including High Speed Sync, so you can shoot faster than 1/180. The only downside is that being a sigma, it needs re-chipping for every camera change.

Whichever way you choose to go, you can't go wrong. Even using it for most of the day, the batteries still seem fresh, so no major power drain either.

Dal1970 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 14, 2007, 10:39 PM   #3

I ran one on my DL and now in the process of getting it rechipped to work with my K10D, but I am also getting the Pentax AF540FGZ too.

The ST wortked very well with my DL and would buy another one if required. The difference between the Super and the ST is mainly High speed sync and wireles capabilities, thats the other reason I am buying the 540 flash.

Peacekeeper is offline   Reply With Quote