Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Feb 15, 2007, 9:59 PM   #21

I was also asking about kit lenses in the Pentax lens forum: ie Does anyone have any views or experience on the relative merits/value formoneyof the:

Pentax 18-55mm (cheapest) vs 18-35mm(currently have)vs 16-45mm (dearest) -

to be used on a K10D.

The 16-45 gets lots of good reviews - but is substantially more expensive; and I wonder if it will get superceded by the upcoming 16-50 DA*.

BTW has anyone seen any projected pricing on the new DA* lenses yet??
David C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 16, 2007, 10:19 AM   #22

I never really considered Pentax. I wanted to get into DLSR from P&S, and was always looking at cameras from the bigger companies. When there was the $100 rebate on the DL last year, it meant getting a DSLR for well under $500. At the time, Pentax lenses were still easy to find, and relatively low-priced.

With the popularity of the K100D and K10D, i've seen lens prices go up (on eBay) and demand take off. I think Pentax was caught off-guard with their success, but all in all it's a good thing for the company.

More cameras sold means more profit, and hopefully more money for R&D and justification towards producing more lenses.
intence is offline   Reply With Quote