Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Mar 17, 2007, 2:43 PM   #21

well these were in the cam for over 5 weeks and they finally bit the dust at #4000.
let's see 4000-3133= 867 shots. all i can say is byby NmH. the hybrids are here. i discharged the empties, what little was left and will let them stay in the charger overnight altho the say charged right now. will see what they test out at before reuse. if like NmH they should test at around 1.4+ volts.

Old Mar 24, 2007, 7:24 AM   #22

There was one on the shelf last weekend at Walmart. My husband grabbed it for me and a spare set of AA's. Still need to get some more spares.

I haven't taken many photos yet (maybe 100) straight out of the package and seems to be going strong.

I did decide to charge the twoAA and the two AAA's that came with it so they are ready when I need them since I'm leaving on vacation. I have a spare set of CRV3's when the ones in the camera go. But, wanted to see how many shots I can get out of the four AA's straight out of the package.

My question - has anyone charged any yet? How long did it take to charge a set? I put in the 2-AAA and 2-AA's last night and six hours later it was still charging. I don't want a quick charger (1 hour or anything), just curious because my last battery charger (Monster) usually charged four AA's in four hours. And, it never got as hot as this one is getting.

I unplugged it for the night soI would know how long it takes and didn't feel safe having charging while I was sleeping. It's plugged back in now.

Just curious.
nhmom is offline   Reply With Quote