Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Feb 28, 2007, 4:51 PM   #11

Change in forecast--now up to 18" of snow with some areas getting 2" of ice before it turns to snow (probably wide spread power outages and tree damage).

Just began snowing here in Le Sueur--I drive 18 miles from work and there were three cars in the ditch just from snow blowing onto the warm pavement, melting and then re-freezing. Could be a real "ball" here for the next two days. If I have power, I'll try to keep in touch and maybe snap a few shots out the window.
Rickst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 28, 2007, 5:13 PM   #12

Same here, but last weekend they forcasted 18" and I only got 7" here, but lots of high winds with drifts up to 3'. It is going to snow tomorrow, but time will tell how much since the weather man is rarely right on the money with their reports.

I did take my showshoes out this week and used them a bit which was the first time this year there was enough snow to use them.

ennacac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 28, 2007, 11:23 PM   #13

Well, we got some snow too - woke up to almost 2" (I know, that's not much). The snow level was low enough to reach the freeway, and that was really interesting. People in SoCal can be so clueless when it comes to icy roads (and the interstate was icy at 4:30). There were a couple of semi trucks that had tangled on an overpass bridge, luckily at an exit. I was actually surprised the road was still open - we've driven it when it's been closed and the road was in better condition (they finally did close it about an hour after we left).
mtngal is offline   Reply With Quote