Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Mar 13, 2007, 4:20 PM   #21

Crashman wrote:
Epson doesn't appear to have done a firmware update YET!!!! for the P2000.

:sad::sad::ak47::ak47::twisted::twi sted::angry::angry::-?

I do hope they do, I would hate to think I have to buy ANOTHER Epson, I have so many bloody gadgets for my cameras now that I need two back packs. :lol::lol:
Not true. I just bought a brand new P-2000 from my closing CompUSA ($219 AR) and the first thing I did upon taking it home was update the firmware from 2.02 to 2.04, then to 2.54 (bypassing the updates to 1.02 and 2.02). So there have been several updates to the P-2000. It reads my K100D raw files just fine, though you can't manipulate raw files the same way you can jpegs, but that is stated in the documentation so I knew that going in.

Since the K100D isn't on the list of compatible cameras (the P-2000 was discontinued well before the K100D came out), yet it still reads the files, I'd strongly suspect that the P-2000 can read the K10D raw files (though I'd doubt the DNG files).

If anyone has a CompUSA in the area that's closing, check and see if they have any P-2000's. $220 after a $50 rebate (from Epson, not CompUSA) is a great deal. The lowest price on the web is for a refurbished unit directly from Epson for $310 after rebate.

rfortson is offline   Reply With Quote