Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Mar 4, 2007, 3:49 PM   #11

Jay, that's a wonderful set you've got in your basement. I've always dreamed of having one myself, but neither time, space or the money to make that dream come true. But on a smaller scale I always enjoy making little models, finding the right material and colour to make them look real. Imagine getting a job as a model and landscape maker in a museum! You live my dream, and take fine photos of it as well! Thanks for sharing.

bilybianca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 4, 2007, 4:41 PM   #12

I'm with Kjell, would love to have a setup like you do. But... Anyway with a beautiful layout like that you will be able to spend a lot of time taking more wonderful pictures! Thanks for posting, they are a joy to look at.

Lyrics51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 4, 2007, 7:03 PM   #13
Location: Hebron, Kentucky (northern Kentucky/Greater Cincinnati):KCVG

Thanks all for the nice comments. Model railroading and photography seem to make a good combo. It is enjoyable to model features, but even more thrilling to photograph it and make it look real (especially when you get close up).

Kjell: If space is an issue, you should try modelling in N scale or even Z scale. You can pack a lot into a small space (say 4 ft x 4ft).I've seen aZ scale layoutset in a coffee table with a glass top. As for money...it is about as expensive as any other such as golf, LBA, etc. I wait for the annual sale at my local hobby store and stock up on kits and materials. Jay
Wingman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 5, 2007, 5:35 PM   #14

jelpee wrote:
Im interested in feedback on the lighting....

Thanks, Jay
I will agree with Roy's comment that the lighting has a yellow cast. However, since it is almost sepia on my monitor, you might try adjusting in that direction rather than trying to achieve "correct" WB. Cool photos by the way. There is a small theme park here in Central Florida called Cypress Gardens that has a very large model railroad exhibit that "travels" from coast to coast.

NonEntity1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 5, 2007, 10:07 PM   #15

Lovely model RR layout. A good layout always has had a lot of appeal.
lesmore49 is offline   Reply With Quote