Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Mar 7, 2007, 7:07 PM   #11

I don't know why but after looking at them numerous times I just keep going back to #2

WackyRoger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 7, 2007, 9:11 PM   #12

It was tough to decide. But, I think I like #2 better. It makes you feel more like you're there. Whereas the first one seems like a photo taken from the top of a building.

Btw, you should be able to see your EXIF data in Windows Explorer by right clicking on the image, then Properties, then Summary and making sure you are in Advanced. It will show everything there.
nhmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 7, 2007, 9:18 PM   #13

I agree with jelpee but I can't tell if the clouds are coming at me or going away. I think with the buildings leaning it helps this affect. Real cool shot.

87olds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 7, 2007, 10:43 PM   #14

Definately the 2nd one for me. I like the way the clouds seem to emanate from the center building. That and the way the other buidings lean towards it makie it look like the evil genius's headquarters in a super hero story.
dave_g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 7, 2007, 10:59 PM   #15

Thanks again, especially nhmom - I never could quite figure out that right click thing to see the properties - mainly because I was trying to do that in internet explorer, not in windows explorer (guess that's a DUH!).

The pictures were taken while standing on my local parking structure, about the only place close to the office where I can get a decent view of the sky. This is not the first time I've grumbled about that building being in the way. And I did confirm that both pictures were taken at 18mm - the wide angle helps accentuate the building lean, but doesn't seem to have much barreling - not bad for a kit lens.
mtngal is offline   Reply With Quote