Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Mar 9, 2007, 11:53 AM   #1

Just thought I would post my review of this flash. I wanted a bounce flash mainly for taking indoor pics of my Daughter, but am on a pretty limited budget right now. While having a PTTL flash would have been ideal, with prices the way they are right now, I just couldn't justify it. Anyways, I spotted this flash at a local wolf camera and decided for $49 it was worth a shot (I checked on here first and didn't find much about the flash other than a link to a website that indicated the voltage should not harm the camera...). The flash has a 90 degree range of swivel up and down only. It has options for manually setting the ISO (to sync the flash output with the ISO of the camera) and using full flash and 1/16 flash. I am not sure what would happen if I tried the auto mode since its not P-ttl, but it fires fine in manual, so I left it there. When I first put the flash on to use it, I was getting very inconsistent firing of the flash and thought maybe this had to do with the lack of P-ttl. Long story short, I had put some Energizer Rechargeables in and I think they are dead. When I replaced the batteries with some newer ones, the flash started to work consistently. I was very happy with the results and it seems like it will be great for what I wanted it for. Below are a couple pics, of said Daughter with the flash on...No pp'ing other than adjusting exposure a bit in ACR and adding the frame (action).

She hams it up for the camera these days, as you can tell. I'll take comments/criticisms on the pics too, even though its not the purpose of this post....

(this post might look familiar to those who browse the "other" forum....)
scottie137 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Mar 9, 2007, 12:16 PM   #2

Looks like you got the flash under control.

Amazing how quickly some kids take to having a camera pointed at them.

I was using an old manual flash when I first got my DL2. A Miranda item that I bought 20 years ago. But as soon as the money was available I went for the Sigma 500 Super to avoid some of the calculations.

Dal1970 is offline   Reply With Quote