Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Mar 11, 2007, 8:48 PM   #1

One of the smallest wildflowers you will run across when you are out trekking this Spring is Whitlow Grass. Barely 1/8" across, you'll most likely step on these before you see them. They are hard to photograph, because like tulips, they open in the sun and on a cloudy day all you see is tiny white buds. The yellow part in this image is about the size of a ball point pen head. It is a non-native wildflower, many call them a weed.

I used my M50 Macro at full macro setting on this one and it is about a 3/4 crop to get it this size. I have no idea why they call it grass as it has tiny leaves at the base, but often grows in big groups like grass, enjoy- Bruce

bper is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Mar 12, 2007, 7:00 PM   #2

Tiny flowers are pretty cool subjects for macro and it is interesting how many little weed flowers are stunningly beautiful blown up to 1:1. We don't have anything like those here, thanks for sharing.

NonEntity1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 12, 2007, 7:53 PM   #3

you know you'll get this here. image is OOF or camera shake. the whites are blown. this would have been a favorite of mine if you would have exposed for the whites. in the setup menu turn the ''bright portion'' to 'on'. it'll show you the blown hi-lites..