Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Apr 9, 2007, 11:21 PM   #11

What a great photo op, and looks like great fun, too. Love the falcons, though your armor and sword fight shots are fascinating. There's supposed to be a jousting even up here sometime later this spring and if it's not too expensive I'll give it a try, these are fun pictures.
mtngal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 10, 2007, 1:07 AM   #12

Thanks for all your comments guys.

Tom - that sounds much the same as I have done with the settings, although I did find that using spot metering seems better than centre weighted. The camera seems to be more neutral than previous models and the highlights blow very quickly.

I was very impresed by the JPG mode though, and I will keep that setting now, only using RAW for something special like a macro.

The burst mode really takes me back to film days of using a 36 exposure film in around 18-20 secs. You end up with moving images almost like a video.

Also the battery life seems exceptional - over 800 shots and the battery still reads full. The card I used was a 4Gb SDHC card (I bought 2 of them) which said 814 images. Well I shot over 800 and it still claimed I could get 400 more on it!

All in all I am impressed with the camera. Just got a few months to get used to it - 2 weeks and 1900 shots already!

If you get the chance Mtngal the jousting looks very interesting. Hopefully I will also get to go later in the year.

Dal1970 is offline   Reply With Quote