Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Apr 10, 2007, 9:33 AM   #1

I was on short winter holiday in march. I tried to take some landscape photos but it wasn't easy. bright white snow and dark green forest doesn't make an easy subject. I tried making some HDR images but I was succesfull only with one, rest is dine by merging multiple exposure (made from single RAW file as I didn't take my tripod). they don't have as much details as I'd like because I didn't take tripod I couldn't use small aperture. most were shot at f8 (not small enough for landscape but that was best I could do) I was just too lazy to carry a tripod up the mountain with ice and snow. I did take more photos but I'm not really happy with them.

all shot using DL2 and K28mm f3.5 lens (the oldest 28mm)

all comments welcomed.

a panorama using autostich, 2 photos

an HDR attempt, the only good one

ans smal stream ( here I put my camera on my backapack to get longer exposure without camera shake)

and one made with multiple exposure from one RAW file

gfurm is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Apr 10, 2007, 10:01 AM   #2

all pretty good except the stream. i really like it. get a tabletop tripod. there's one in my kit right now.

Old Apr 10, 2007, 2:37 PM   #3

I like these shots. Even the river. I can see what you were after with the flowing water.

Dal1970 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 11, 2007, 5:49 PM   #4

Very nice, and that stream is top notch. Putting the camera down low gave you a great angle for the shot.

NonEntity1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 11, 2007, 10:39 PM   #5

The stream is really nice (others are good too)! I'll second the table top tripod, though I don't carry mine very much any more (it'll go back in the pack if I ever take out the second camera body again). Another thing you might try - get a monopod that seconds as a walking stick. Then it can be either a useful balancing prop for hiking through streams or up mountains,or put a head on it and it becomes a more stable platform for your camera, though it won't be as good as a tripod.
mtngal is offline   Reply With Quote