Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Apr 18, 2007, 3:28 AM   #1

Its nice that even in MF the AF system still tells you it thinks its focused (though center point only) DON'T alwayys believe it ....BELIEVE YOUR EYE... if a situation you can see sharp contrast in the focal plane you desire.... even if the AF BLINK seemed close to it.

Its really only a ball park indication (ESPECIALLY at close range)..... and what really convinced me was shooting a blonde haired subject in a breezy high contrast lit situation tonight..... and indoor rather low light.

Shots I believed the AF some OK...close, but less than sharp.... but when I could see individual hairs blowing, or something lit enough to be definitive and go for that by EYE.... MUCH sharper.

So from now on even in low light I amd going to take the Af BLINK as OK you are IN THE BALL PARK.... You can see anything more definitive (and time before loosing shot) ... go for it.

(A-50 f/2)

Hayward is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Apr 18, 2007, 3:32 AM   #2

noticed that myself on DL2. when I'm not sure of the focus I just try to go back and forth with it and take few pictures in the meantime. one of them is usually focused right.

gfurm is offline   Reply With Quote