Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Apr 28, 2007, 11:57 AM   #1

The weather was quite warm yesterday, so I decided to take a stroll along Pismo Beach and see how my K100D and Sigma 70-300mm f4-5.6 DG APO would fare against the surfers. Being stupid as I am, I decided not to bring a sweatshirt as I left the car for the pier. Turns out, the ocean weather isn't as hot as inland weather (who'd have thought :lol. Having gone too far and the sun rapidly setting, I decided to take pics and use SR to battle any shivering.

Despite the windy and cold conditions late that afternoon, I was able to take a few decent shots:

Still able to handhold @300mm (w/ SR I think):

Still able to capture quick action:

Didn't realize I was shooting at ISO 1600:

And the perfect way to end the day at the beach (taken with smc-Pentax 50mm @ f/1.4?):
Illuminati is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Apr 28, 2007, 12:55 PM   #2

Those are very nice shots. I tried my first surfing shots last weekend but neither the waves nor the resulting shots were as good as what you had. There was a pier near my spot too and I never thought to try them from above.

On the other hand, I got to wear shorts and wade while I was taking pictures and there were sun worshippers in bikinis, so it was not a total loss!

NonEntity1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 29, 2007, 9:49 PM   #3

Nice set of pictures - Pismo is such a wonderful place to go for picture-taking! Don't suppose you happened to have clam chowder from the Splash Cafe, did you? We occasionally go to Pismo just for a bowl of clam chowder sometimes in the fall/winter/spring.
mtngal is offline   Reply With Quote