Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Jun 9, 2007, 10:48 AM   #1

Since changing over to Vista, I've had some problems with monitor/printer matching (print vs what I see on my monitor). So, I took the plunge yesterday and bought the Huey monitor calibrator by Pantone. I did a fair amount of research and decided on the Huey for a number of reasons:

1. I don't need a really sophisticated color correction system;
2. The Huey got better reviews than the other ones available in the same price range;
3. Pantone had Vista drivers available for download.

After downloading the most recent version of the software, I plugged the unit in and went through the set-up as prompted by the software. In about five minutes, my monitor was profiled. Comparing printed output to the screen shows a significant improvement--very near exactly the same.

All-in-all, I'm pretty pleased with the unit.
Rickst is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jun 9, 2007, 11:15 AM   #2

Yup, I got one of the huey's also and it works great for me too! For the price I paid, I am saving money by not wasting high quality photo paper on prints that didn't look right. Now I can get them right the first time, hit print and they come out perfect. My results at first were almost perfect, just a tiny bit off. Then I leared to load the huey color profile into photoshop and prints are right on!
ishino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 9, 2007, 11:31 AM   #3

Hi Rick

You can count me in on the huey also. I have been using it for over a year now and i consider it to be the best investment i have made

Black Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 10, 2007, 6:41 AM   #4

Huey user here also. Haven't been disappointed with it at all.What I like best is that it adjusts to the room lighting you have at the time you are viewing and/or PP'ing an image. This is especially good for working with people photos as skin tones are now what they should be when I print. Before it was hit and guess.
vIZnquest is offline   Reply With Quote