Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Jun 13, 2007, 8:29 AM   #1

I'm selling a Pentax-M 50mm f2 I got for a good deal together with some other pentax stuff and a Tamron adaptall K-mount (which is what I was looking for)

It's already on ebay, and someone has already bid the price that I wanted for it...so I'm not making a "sales-talk" here

(however, should you want it, i can pm you the link)

I took some sample shots with it today, and boy, am I surprised of what I found at f8!

[align=center] this one is obviously a crop, since I used no extension tubes, but just look at how much detail there is! (I'd say this is about a 50% crop)
no sharpening applied!
remember, this isn't a macro lens!

here's a 100% crop:

[align=center]here's one at f2, sharpness is not as spectacular there...although usable. (esp. with some USM...this one wasn't sharpened)[/align][align=center]pleasant bokeh aswell
[align=center]and at 100%[/align]
[align=left]Anyway, not bad for what used to be a kit lens. I have a 1.7 "A" version of the 50mm too, so I don't need this one. But if I didn't have the A, I'd keep it [/align]You can get these at about 20 euros nowadays (which is what mine is going for). Which is a pretty good deal, if you don't have a 50mm yet, if you ask me...

At least now I feel like I'm not setting this bidder up! :lol:

TDN is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links